It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Florida consumers could save as much as $1,100 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Jacksonville is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Florida.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Buying affordable auto insurance in Jacksonville is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Drivers just have to know the least time-consuming way to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
Best companies for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Florida. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Jacksonville
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Jacksonville drivers who agree to allow their company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from Jacksonville attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive reduced rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Golf SportWagen insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Golf SportWagen insurance.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, five-year accident-free, driver training, membership and employees, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, good driver, accident-free, student away at school, good student, and passive restraint.
- Esurance may offer discounts for paid-in-full, Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, good student, and safety device.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
Double check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of providers with the best Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance discounts in Jacksonville, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Jacksonville car insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is submitted to companies in Jacksonville that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How long have they been in business?
If you want an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance, John Crowell Agency
9700 Philips Hwy #109 – Jacksonville, FL 32256 – (904) 538-9440 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance prices, you need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Jacksonville that can give you comparison quotes.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Jacksonville can be bought both online in addition to many Jacksonville insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)