How long has it been since you compared quotes for low-cost Nissan Versa insurance in Jacksonville? Are you at wits end from sacrificing other expenses to buy insurance? You have the same problem as millions of other people.
Amazingly, most drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Florida can save as much as 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Nissan Versa insurance in Jacksonville.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The items below are just a few of the factors that factor into premiums.
Traffic violations can increase costs – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Having just one citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received serious citations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents impact Nissan Versa annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Many insurance companies provide better rates to policyholders that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Employer stress can affect rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals usually pay higher average rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as farmers, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Liability protection risk factors – Liability insurance will afford coverage if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in fender benders in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Versa auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance losses for a Nissan Versa – Companies use past insurance losses to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan Versa vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Nissan Versa Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Versa 116 110 92 190 203 138 Nissan Versa Note 112 96 85 161 171 133BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
First Step: Get free Nissan Versa insurance quotes
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you need to compare rates from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The premium table below showcases a range of insurance prices for Nissan Versa models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$206||$442||$392||$24||$118||$1,182||$99|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$240||$634||$392||$24||$118||$1,408||$117|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$240||$634||$392||$24||$118||$1,408||$117|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$276||$730||$392||$24||$118||$1,540||$128|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$276||$730||$392||$24||$118||$1,540||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower coverage prices greatly.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Versa auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums assume no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Versa replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Versa insurance, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to save money.
Take policy discounts and save on Nissan Versa insurance in Jacksonville
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Jacksonville car insurance quote in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Nissan Versa annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, early shopping, youthful driver, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include teen driver discount, multi-policy, new graduate, newly married, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Jacksonville. To view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Jacksonville, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Jacksonville auto insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Jacksonville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Jacksonville that can give you free Jacksonville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy insurance from a local Jacksonville insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Jacksonville are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to check rates from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Jacksonville who may provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive agents in Jacksonville who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jacksonville?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Insurance is unique, just like you
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Nissan Versa?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Nissan Versa to commute?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is my trailer covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Shop smart and save
Cost effective Nissan Versa insurance is available online and with local Jacksonville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Nissan Versa insurance in Jacksonville. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Jacksonville car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to finding lower priced Nissan Versa insurance in Jacksonville
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on Nissan Versa insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Jacksonville. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jacksonville Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)