It's well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who do rate comparisons will probably switch insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for insurance in Jacksonville is your ultimate target, learning how to find companies and compare car insurance can help simplify the process.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Subaru Forester insurance in Jacksonville is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for tips to help reduce prices and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Forester coverage is available in Jacksonville. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important part of this process is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Jacksonville is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. Basically, every person who is shopping for car insurance most likely will be able to cut their insurance bill. Nevertheless, Florida drivers must understand how companies determine premium rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Jacksonville car insurance rates
Companies do not list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jacksonville car insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Forester insurance in Jacksonville.
- Club Memberships - Joining certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a driver safety class may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Subaru can earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- No Claims - Jacksonville drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data submission to spy on driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Jacksonville may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will help lower your policy cost.
The information below compares Subaru Forester premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, early bird, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, driver's education, anti-theft, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and family plan.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, DriveSense, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, and good student.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, and defensive driver.
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Jacksonville. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Jacksonville, follow this link.
How to lower your Subaru Forester insurance cost in Jacksonville
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get Jacksonville Forester insurance quotes online, so you should also compare quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Jacksonville, FL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Subaru Forester insurance rates and statistics
The premium information shown next showcases different insurance rates for Subaru Forester models. Learning a little about how premiums are figured can be useful when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$328||$538||$478||$28||$144||$1,516||$126|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$328||$538||$478||$28||$144||$1,516||$126|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$328||$538||$478||$28||$144||$1,516||$126|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$366||$538||$478||$28||$144||$1,554||$130|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$366||$634||$478||$28||$144||$1,650||$138|
|Forester XT AWD||$366||$634||$478||$28||$144||$1,650||$138|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$366||$634||$478||$28||$144||$1,650||$138|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$366||$634||$478||$28||$144||$1,650||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower coverage prices substantially.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The chart below shows the comparison of Subaru Forester auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Local Jacksonville auto insurance agents and car insurance
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Jacksonville who will return price quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Shown below is a list of auto insurance companies in Jacksonville willing to provide comparison quotes for Subaru Forester insurance in Jacksonville.
- Mike Bell Insurance Agency
1819 3rd St N - Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 - (904) 372-2355 - View Map
- Bob Gibbs - State Farm Insurance Agent
5495 Fort Caroline Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32277 - (904) 744-2702 - View Map
- Ray Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
109 New Berlin Rd - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 751-6643 - View Map
- Beans Insurance Agency, LLC
3041 Dunn Ave - Jacksonville, FL 32218 - (904) 766-1995 - View Map
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located an insurance company that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance. But remember, it's your policy and you can terminate your policy at any time so don't think that you're stuck with your new company with no way out.
A little work can save a LOT of money
People change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices and delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Subaru Forester insurance prices in Jacksonville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jacksonville Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jacksonville Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jacksonville Car Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Jacksonville? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)